This June, Lusipurr.com is pleased to present The Summer of IX!
Throughout the month of June, all of the Lusipurr.com staff will be playing through the classic PlayStation RPG Final Fantasy IX. One disc will be covered each week, and each Sunday will be occasioned by a post (like this one) with a different FF9-related topic for discussion. The podcast will then discuss the results of the the previous week’s discussion post!
This is your chance to join in a complete playthrough of a game with our staff members. Your ideas, discussion, and suggestions will be included in the Megaphones Ahoy! Podcast. Moreover, all those who participate each week will be entered into our drawing at the end of the month to set harrowing and unpleasant challenges for Oliver and Ethan! Should they bathe in pudding? Perhaps they should be forced to eat some of Lusipurr’s tuna paste? Our winner will get to choose what manner of dastardly deeds Oliver and Ethan will be forced to participate in for YOUR amusement! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the sort which can only be found at Lusipurr.com.
* * *
This week’s discussion focuses on the initial development of the plot in Disc 1. Do you feel that Final Fantasy IX begins satisfactorily? Is it too slow? Is it rushed? Are the characters presented in an interesting and engaging way? As villains are revealed, are their motives sufficiently understandable?
Of course, any sort of discussion about Disc 1 is acceptable. Is the dialogue well-written? Is the music up-to-snuff? Are there any issues with the battle system, the controls, or the overall presentation?
* * *
Ragtime Mouse Trivia
Finally, some trivia questions! You’re on your honour not to cheat. See if you can find the answers within the game! All of these questions are answered on Disc 1.
1. What is the proper name for North Gate?
2. During the 9th Lindblum War in 1389, one of Alexandria’s famous generals was only thirteen years old, and had only nine soldiers under her command. What was her name?
3. What fake theatre production did Vivi actually have a ticket for?
4. According to Breirecht (Pluto Knight VI), which other Knight knows the name of all the girls in town?
5. Characters in Final Fantasy IX frequently mention a great playwright who is a reference to the real-life playwright William Shakespeare. What is his name?